If you are a beginner looking for resources to learn machine learning, then this post is for you.
Why Google is giving a free course
In an official blog post, Google has stated that,
We believe that the potential of machine learning is so vast that every technical person should learn machine learning fundamentals
Fact: the same course is taken by 18,000+ Googlers, now free to everyone.
What makes this course fit for beginners?
- Real-world applications and use cases
- 15 hours of curated content no time waste
- 30+ exercises to practice and test what we’ve learned
- Basic math and programming knowledge will be enough
- Self-paced course no deadlines, at the comfort your home
- If you’re a beginner it’s advisable to learn from the experts
- Offered in English, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, and French
- Interactive visualizations to help you understand complex algorithms
Here’s the link to the course,
Google’s MLCC [Machine Learning Crash Course]
- A computer with internet
- Basic programming with Python
- General math and logical thinking
FAQ for beginners
I know only basic programming can I learn this?
You need not be a professional programmer but basic knowledge in python will be enough to get started.
Do I need to know complex Math and Algebra?
This course requires you to know some basic math, all concepts are simplified and beginner-friendly.
There are a lot of paid courses, is this useful?
Google made this free, to make Machine Learning knowledge accessible to everyone and, is taught by the AI Experts at Google
- This course is part of Google AI
- More free learning resources at Matrixread Blog